WELCOME TO KALEIDOSCOPE
situated in the small scenic city of spectra, kleur academy is a proud institution of learning for aspiring pokemon trainers to become the next pokemon professionals in almost any field. we hope to see you soon!
WINTER: DECEMBER
december
caramel
indigo
sage
lutheus
12/30 can you believe it--it's been six whole months since kaleidoscope has been open! the end of the year has much to celebrate, along with new years and our six-month anniversary, it's december's birthday! so come check out our giveaway here to nab some gifts as a thank you for sticking around--and hope for another wonderful six months!

12/08 the winter fete has begun !

12/06 tiny half update! you can read more up on it here, but tldr; the move tutor has been added in the breeding center and the activity check has been closed! if you missed the check, don't worry, just contact an admin and let us know. otm nomination polls and the winter event are coming soon, so stay tuned!

OF THE MONTHS

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

whoa okay this is a thing, putting people into places with plots
that nerd GMT +8 she/her 20 Offline zephyr enyalios#1059
80 POINTS EARNED
8 POSTS MADE
hot potato
20/1+19
suffering (also, female)
n/a
memeology
existential crises
confused straight
zephyr
danklord
20 • OOC • confused straight
about
sup gang, i'm zephyr! i'm dangerously addicted really into RPing, so please adopt (or hurt) my children. let's make some really great stories together! most of what i write under my OCs entries are basic things to know about them, as well as some ideas for what can be done that i'll add soon, i'm just heckin' lazy af rn. i'm open to any and all ideas! *o*
friends
yes please yes i do like me some friends
contact me
i tend to procrastinate be online a lot (GMT +8 hours tho), so you can catch me on the CBOX. on Discord, i'm zephyr enyalios (#1059), if you wanna hit me up there o/
Raiza Kestrel
Marson
18 • combat • bisexual • 1
about
"They're not dangerous, I swear"

Essentially, Raiza is a Newt Scamander whose heart bleeds for the welfare of misunderstood Pokemon, and who really, really loves eating and snacking. High-functioning introvert. "Pure and cute" according to reviews. May or may not steal your Pokemon to cuddle with the scarier it is.
friends
Usually Pokemon. Doesn't really talk to people much or get attached quickly. Bad at names. If she remembers from the get-go, you probably achieved 100-149 friendship value with her. On that note, isn't very picky with whom to befriend. Childhood friend was a shy Breeder aspirant. Made friends with a generally hated Coordinator aspirant from Orre with a limp and a horrible reputation.

FRIENDSHIPS:
-- Samir Petrosyan = really cool and buff big brother + fitness coach
-- Jeremy Deen = fellow Ghost lover
-- Winnifred Dorsett = roommate + fellow nerd/gamer!
-- Piper Hobbes = roommate + fellow combat major/spar partner!
enemies
Doesn't make enemies very quickly either. Will be a little spiteful of you for a short while if you take her food. Will disapprove of you if you talk to tear people down in any way or if you engage in Pokemon abuse. If she remembers your name due to these reasons, you definitely have less than 50 friendship value with her.

HATESHIPS:
nada
paramour
Likely to fall for a fellow loner or natural outcast archetype. Developed a crush on aforementioned "big bad boy of Orre". Probably still has such lingering feelings. Would not easily entrust herself romantically. More likely to develop feelings without being aware of them, whatever that means.

LOVESHIPS:
nada
Dahlia Guillermo
Owens
68 • faculty • heterosexual
about
"Your citation format is off"

The dreaded head librarian of Kleur Academy, whom most students hate to face or approach for anything. Get ready for a mini-panel if she asks you about your topic of study. Likes to keep students and even fellow faculty on their toes. Old enough to be your mother/grandma, please do not flirt with.
friends
1. Follow the rules
2. Be respectful
3. Frequent the library to do your homework
4. Weather and trudge through her barrage of questions and criticisms
5. ???
6. Profit

Alternatively, if you're a respectable faculty member, Dahlia would be willing to join you for lunch or even a drinking session.

FRIENDSHIPS:
-- Finley Alder = Headmistress of Kleur, extremely skilled at battling and what she does
-- Lavender Owens = Beloved daughter, expert in biology and breeding
-- Billy Cleveland = Drinking buddy
enemies
Petty level: Literally just break the library rules, be noisy whenever Dahlia is within earshot, disarrange the books on purpose. At worst, you'll be banned from the library for two weeks, even if you're a research student. Courting Lav would reward you with a restraining order at best.
Personal level: Harm her unica hija Lavender, pretty much attack her character as a person, injure Admiral or Lady Not really sure why you'd want to antagonize this librarian further, when she already makes a fairly bad name for herself by being stern everywhere, but yeah

HATESHIPS:
none
paramour
Please do not attempt to romance her if you are a student. If you want to stay in school and still get to access the library, please. Don't do it, man. It ain't worth it.

Joking aside, though, an aspiring lover would be hard-pressed in the attempt to woo her... and I mean, nobody's really even sure of her marital status since she never talks about her personal life (does she even talk to anybody about her personal life??? answer: yes, but not to you, for sure).

LOVESHIPS:
none
Adrienne Kirata
Redwood
20 • Research • Heterosexual • 2
about
"Lately I've been into researching deez nuts"

Dank rapping memelord who is also somehow Head Kusher of OG KUSH. Will not hesitate to show off how smart and knowledgable he is. Puns whenever he gets the chance. He'll grow on you though, I swear. Will rock the boat and challenge his teachers if given the chance, because he's smart enough and knows it. Full of hot air.
friends
Adrienne isn't, strictly speaking, unfriendly; perhaps exhausting or even exasperating would be the right word for most people. If somehow you stick around long enough, though, he'll begin to start sharing some stories of his own instead of pestering you about your life, lunch, favorite habits, last song sung, etc. Perhaps he might even begin to trust you as a person, or a worthy party member to his grand quest of discovering the potential of Grass-types or somebody fun to smoke weed wi- i mean what.

FRIENDSHIPS:
no tiene
enemies
This kid won't hesitate to speak his mind and be blunt- pun intended. It's understandable- expected, even, that he would reap some hostility, if not mere annoyed looks and comments. It's evident that he will say whatever he wants to your face, but whether or not he cares enough to reciprocate your resentment depends on how deep the sown seeds of discord take root on his side of the fence. Unless you were some unworthy, holier-than-thou, self-righteous, imposing kind of adult or student council member or whatever, he would at best see you as a rival.

HATESHIPS:
no tiene
paramour
Although brimming with enough confidence to randomly throw flirtatious comments, Adrienne hasn't exactly had much romantic experience. The reason for this is that he doesn't really think that relationships are worth putting time and effort into, and would sooner kiss and be done with it, so to speak. To him, his days as a child adventuring a brave new world haven't ended yet, and thus would rather play through each mission and progress through the story than seek out sidequests or take time to foster his romantic Social Links. It doesn't mean he's immune to budding feelings for somebody, though- his heart's just usually bedrock when it comes to that kind of thing.

LOVESHIPS:
no tiene
Cassandria
Lutetia
23 • Performance • Pansexual • 4
about
"I'll tear you apart"

HBIC of the Plastics. Prettier than you, but also probably wants you if you're pretty too. Hair, make-up, and outfit always #onpoint and #onfleek. Nice to your face, but will talk shit about you behind your back. Borderline bro-con sister. Nobody's good enough for her precious twin Icarus. Nobody, especially not your dumb face. Obsessed with Kalosian culture and allergic to religion and shrines. Hates the beach.
friends
Did you mean: underlings?

Just kidding. Half-kidding, anyway. If you're pretty and competent enough, Andria'll gladly let you join her posse, infamously referred to by the student body as The Plastics. If you're not quite pretty or competent, but quite useful to her, well there's no shortage of slots for minions- rest assured, she'd treat you pretty nicely, whichever of these categories you'd fit in. It's much tougher to become somebody she actually respects or values, though. Only a grand total of three people have made it to this exclusive list, and even then, she would only sacrifice everything for just one of the three. In the end, it isn't you (well, it is you, but not totally), but her inability (or, perhaps, unwillingness) to empathize and genuinely open up to other people. Yeah, sixteen years of torture kind of does that to a person.

FRIENDSHIPS:
-- Icarus L. Lutetia = dearest twin brother and favorite person in the whole wide world ever
-- Priscilla M. Lacroix = weirdo with her head up in the clouds, but she's really cute and intimidating, like a pretty and mean cat
-- Tabitha R. Sutton = trendy bitch that's always in the know and has the latest gossip and news on her lips
enemies
Basically everybody who isn't with her and her crowd of Plastics. There are plenty of reasons to have gotten on her list: maybe you're on the other Performance team, or you messed up her new jacket, or your face kinda just... annoys Andria. It doesn't really matter whether you're a serious rival, or just some petty nuisance; you end up in her Burn Book all the same.

HATESHIPS:
probably everyone zip
paramour
You're likely to be the nth character Andria has had a quick fling with, unless your looks and importance pass muster with flying colors. In that case, she would probably stay with you for as long as she doesn't tire of looking at your face, and as long as it makes her look good. In the end, relationships are superficial as can be, serving as mere accessories to her person- again, it's really because she isn't willing to open up to other people. It'd be a miracle if you could actually somehow get her to acknowledge you as an actual partner rather than a mere item, but if you're just out looking for fun, then by all means- if you're pretty enough for her, that is.

LOVESHIPS:
zip
Sholeh
Al-Sattari
23 • Misc • Bisexual • 3
about
"What's a little fire to be afraid of"

Hot but also super cool Sattari fire dancer. Working to restore the old Fire Frat to its former glory. Repurposing it too. Down to dance all day erryday. Allergic af to discrimination and bullies. Will head a rally for justice.gif with gusto. Flying types freak her out just a little bit. Just make sure they behave while she's performing.
friends
Despite her intimidating beauty, Sholeh is friendly and loves to break the ice with humor, a profound saying or comment, or even a random offer to dance. An open-minded girl and having experienced prejudice, she hopes to meet who you are as a person rather than have your appearance, background, and circumstances speak for you. Friends will find in her a loyal confidant, a supportive cheerer, a bit of a prankster, and a very caring okhti or sister figure. However, her innately fiery nature and desire to experience all things may make her a kind of wild friend to be with. She rarely backs down from a debate, a challenge, or sometimes, risky ideas. You'd sooner be able to persuade a Rapidash to drink from the water you show it to. Sometimes she might even argue with you for not being supportive of her!

FRIENDSHIPS:
-- Finn H. Kamoana = favorite fish out of water!
enemies
Anybody who takes advantage of and bullies another person for being different almost instantly becomes an enemy in Sholeh's eyes. Unfortunately, she herself is quick to judge figures of authority like instructors, the school board, the police men... basically, anybody with power. It's kind of hard to not be disillusioned about them when her tribe's been living at their mercy and when she's seen how a member of Team Rocket was actually a cop, y'know? These kinds of people aside, however, Sholeh finds difficult to antagonize.

HATESHIPS:
nu
paramour
For the longest time, all Sholeh's focused on was studying to understand the world outside of the Sattari's lore and songs that she's rarely spent any time fantasizing about romance and love. Energetic and robust as she is, though, she would be delighted to fall in love for real. At most she's only had casual dates since her freshman year, none lasting very long. Somewhat disappointed at the rate of things, she's decided to be passive about her love life. Hence, if her heart is to truly be set aflame, it will have to be sparked through friendship. Otherwise, it'd be a short-lived relationship that'll burn out quickly.

LOVESHIPS:
-- Finn H. Kamoana = in the works bec sharkboy x lavagirl

--------------------
if you would like to plot and thread with me, press one (1)
if you would like to PM or chat with me, press two (2)
if you would like to order chicken teriyaki, a Whopper, some onion rings, carbonara, and a glass of milk, you probably have the wrong number
-------
> obsessed with RPing but i have to prioritize acads,,,
> multithreads with multiple OCs
> if my OC isn't exactly somebody you're looking to plot with, that's fine! we all have our preferences, after all, and i won't force my kids on you. you can let me know through PM, if you would like to be private about it, if you're not interested in plotting with an OC of mine. o/ that way, i can also take down the plot post to declutter your shipper ~
indigoo pst she/they 23 Offline pistol cat #1145
205 POINTS EARNED
13 POSTS MADE
prissy
she/the royal we
junior
performance
plastics + occult
pretty things
+ priscilla l.

s o s o, as the first members of the occult club, i 100% think that these two should meet somehow. also, as mentioned before, their litwicks can be soul-sucking buddies & compare notes on other peoples' soul flavors or something. the only thing is that aside from their litwicks i'm not super sure if raiza would even really like priscilla haha. she's the head bitch in charge (she likes to think) and kind of (definitely) an awful person. the idea i had is that maybe priscilla kind of accepts raiza on the get-go b/c ghosts & is just constantly trying to convince raiza to switch to performance ('cause you're so good at it anyway, come join the sparkles & glitter') but raiza will probably very soon grow tired of her shit. :U

zephyr GMT +8 she/her 20 Offline #1059
285 POINTS EARNED
75 POSTS MADE
Raiza
she, her
freshman
competition
there is no occult club what are you talking about
bisexual
raiza & prissy

YES. ALL MY YES. i actually read through Prissy's app and thought "holy shit i dread the day Raiza should meet this girl because i don't know what she'd do and the Glameow would hate her :(". perhaps through the club's first official meeting or something like that?

and yeah i can totally see that, like, at first Raiza would think that Prissy's all right, albeit tactless, but would gradually come to see her darker side (probably pretty soon) and be conflicted about her while trying very, very hard to appreciate her, like, "Prissy likes ghosts too but also likes setting people things on fire". also, the idea of Prissy trying to convince Raiza to become a Coordinator's actually coincidentally kind of funny, cause that's what her crush-friend from her old school once told her, as a compliment, lmao

all my yes to the Litwick buddies lmao. Raiza's Sneasel is gonna go "dios mio" every frickin time these two ghosts meet cause she makes it a point to help Raiza look after her Litwick, and, depending on how twisted Yorick is, a conflict could arise wherein he tries to corrupt Lucifer completely ("eating souls is great who cares what these stupid humans and that dumb Sneasel think"), convincing him to be hostile to Rogue (oh no fire), or he may even manipulate and turn on Lucifer if he proves to be too much of a mama's boy for him.

... oh my god that went dark pretty quickly haha

indigoo pst she/they 23 Offline pistol cat #1145
205 POINTS EARNED
13 POSTS MADE
prissy
she/the royal we
junior
performance
plastics + occult
pretty things
+ priscilla l.

lolol that's pretty much what i expect everyone's reaction to priscilla will be.

their first meeting will probably be through the club. they might both be in the same major but priscilla would never go out of her way to socialize with an underclassman without a good reason. but after finding out raiza likes ghosts too, they'll be litwick buddies or something dumb idfk. she might be a little intense with trying to convince raiza to switch majors, offering to give her makeovers and help make costumes for rogue because why not. butter raiza up with strange back-handed compliments.

priscilla makes everything dark
i had this idea where yorick as a litwick fed off of like high emotions and energies? and priscilla's such a good source b/c she has such dramatic mood swings all the time and then on some occasions is devoid of any emotion and it puzzles him to no end. maybe idk he can teach lucifer how to make do with that instead of souls, but still compare notes on who tastes/smells the best and IF they ran on a rampage, who they'd eat first.

285 POINTS EARNED
75 POSTS MADE
Raiza
she, her
freshman
competition
bisexual
raiza & prissy

yeah, litwick buddies, yay! and raiza would go on telling ghost stories (e.g. how stuff from home kept going missing cause a misdreavus didn't get adopted or something) if prissy seems open (though it seems likely she'd ask raiza to shut up if her stories get boring). raiza would be really curious at some point as to why prissy -really- insists on her switching majors too and would probably be indifferent to her compliments being backhanded lmao.

actually i wonder if raiza would ever grow the nerve to call prissy out on her bs :u

oh shit that would actually be nice. they can exchange tips and yeah flavor notes; lucifer would tell yorick about the one time he encountered a really interesting case where he thought this human had no soul but it turned out he did??? like only after some character development. he'd wonder if it were also possible to feed on the souls of fellow pokemon like what's up with that

gogo-gadget pst she/they 23 Offline pistol cat #1145
375 POINTS EARNED
62 POSTS MADE
she/they
n/a
bad-assery
c.a.t.s.
pansy
+ priscilla l.

oh yes sharing ghost stories! but i imagine prissy's stories are about people ghosts and creepypasta-esque stories and less fun stories about poke ghosts haha. tho if priscilla ever thought raiza was getting boring, she'd probably just ignore her and start a different (better) conversation l o l & obviously she just thinks performance is the best occupation and the only goal in life that's worth it or something idk. doesn't understand why not everyone wants to be a coordinator. if raiza ever called her out, prissy might throw a hissy fit (a prissy fit?) and ignore raiza for a whole week or something. she's sensitive & dramatic like that.

oh ho ho i'm excited for these soul-sucking candle buds

285 POINTS EARNED
75 POSTS MADE
Raiza
she, her
freshman
competition
bisexual
raiza & prissy

creepypasta stories yaaaay! i can imagine they'll take turns like prissy tells a legit freaky story then raiza would recount how a ghost back home did something similar or briefly talk about a ghost that might've done that hehe. it's just kind of hard to scare her with ghosts, unless you talk about litwick going rogue... :^) also that's not so bad, i thought prissy would be mean in a tactless way XD actually, if raiza gets into opportunities to battle other OCs and loses often, she may bend a little... if it weren't for all her training and mentoring with Samir, haha. seriously though, i think a reason why raiza would rather keep contest battles in the unofficial realm of things, rather than coming out as a coordinator, is cause she just wants to keep it fun: it wouldn't be fun anymore if she had to worry about being graded or if her success and career rode on it.

when things cool down raiza may actually feel a bit bad for upsetting her, so she might just bring prissy a snack or some of her milk tea lmao. raiza doesn't realize it so much, but she's more afraid of losing somebody she wants to be friends with or is friends with cause it's been a lonely four yeaaars of homeschooling

the bash brothers. the fire friends. deadly duo

80 POINTS EARNED
8 POSTS MADE
hot potato
20/1+19
suffering (also, female)
n/a
memeology
existential crises
confused straight
UPDATE: now includes Dahlia G. Owens!

--------------------
if you would like to order chicken teriyaki, a Whopper, some onion rings, carbonara, and a glass of milk, you probably have the wrong number
-------
> if my OC isn't exactly somebody you're looking to plot with, that's fine! we all have our preferences, after all, and i won't force my kids on you. you can let me know through PM, if you would like to be private about it, if you're not interested in plotting with an OC of mine. o/ that way, i can also take down the plot post to declutter your shipper ~
sage EST she/her immortal Offline pigeon #6450
150 POINTS EARNED
15 POSTS MADE
sage
immortal
she/her
n/a
moderator :)
hoarding characters
beats me ¯_(ツ)_/¯
lavender + dahlia
lavender is dahlia's daughter so i wanted to come here first and throw her right at ya! she loves her mom and has no reservations with spending time with her, so we could definitely thread them out to lunch sometime! lavender will likely avoid the library itself quite often, only stepping in when she needs some book or another. i think she'd still ask her mother for advice on certain classes or lesson plans and would definitely value dahlia's opinion. i'm excited to hear your ideas! zephyr
80 POINTS EARNED
8 POSTS MADE
hot potato
20/1+19
suffering (also, female)
n/a
memeology
existential crises
confused straight
dahlia & lav

MY DAUGHTER, SHE LIIIIVES <3
oh yes, yes, that would be great! (Lav also has a 10/10 fc omg i love tokyo ghoul hee) indeed, Dahlia dotes on her daughter and always looks forward to spending time with Lav whenever possible. the librarian would always rush to her daughter's aid too- only whenever Lav asks for it, though, as Dahlia has utmost faith in her daughter's capabilities and respects her dignity as a respected instructor in her own field. onlookers may even notice how Mrs. Owens seems to become a different (read: nicer, softer, maternal) person when in the company of her daughter.
lunch is a good start! i think i'd also like to see a battle at some point between them both since Dahlia takes the idea of keeping oneself sharp to heart.
i'm also a huge fan of mapping out how pokemon interact with each other and/or their Trainers. Admiral (Dahlia's Empoleon), having watched little Lav grow up into a fine young woman would certainly be protective of her as well. i imagine he might've put Quill to the test at the beginning to see if she would make a worthy companion and protector of his charge. it'd be super cool imagery too since the Grovyle line are pretty popular for the Leaf Blade move (afaik anyway), and Empoleon have those steel flippers and the trident-shaped crest on their heads- they'd be like fellow knights or something like that omg haha
likewise, Lady the Delcatty would have kept a close, affectionate eye on her Trainer's daughter seeing how similar they both were as students. Lady would've likely played often with Quill (whether the Grass-type would be in the mood or not), perhaps contributing to Quill's agility and training with mischievous, quick-moving Pokemon. On the other hand, the Delcatty would be quite fond of Rainier due to being a source of heat; I can see her curling up with the Fire-type frequently, along with the eggs that Lav incubates.
finally, there's Big Data, who is... well, an apathetic analytical sentient computer. XD at best, it is curious about Lav (as it is with all humans; among its ambitions is to form an analytical report on "Why Humans Are Like That"). it hasn't really had much of an opportunity for character development, however, since i haven't gotten to RP Dahlia yet, and since i only obtained him through the Registrar's thingy hehe

--------------------
-------
gogo-gadget pst she/they 23 Offline pistol cat #1145
375 POINTS EARNED
62 POSTS MADE
she/they
n/a
bad-assery
c.a.t.s.
pansy
+ winnie d.

hello new roommate !! i'm pretty certain winnie would be on the fence about having more people in their apartment (she was probably trying to convince piper they didn't need someone else but realistically they did) and will most likely be that super quiet roommate who spends 90% of her time in her room until she gets more comfortable with raiza. HOWEVER i'm pretty sure that the two would get along pretty well. winnie's also a little reserved and has some trust issues, but raiza seems pretty chill and the two would probably spend some quality quiet time together haha.

she will 100% feel like she's third-wheeling on two combat-centric students but she'll be both of their #1 fans & come to watch all their battles even tho she doesn't get it.

80 POINTS EARNED
8 POSTS MADE
hot potato
20/1+19
suffering (also, female)
n/a
memeology
existential crises
confused straight
raiza & winnie

rooooomieeeeeeeessss <3

indeed! i do hope neither winnie nor piper are lactose intolerant, cause raiza's gonna be bringing a ton of hot chocolate packets into the dorm lmao. they could be gaming buddies too c: i forgot to mention it in her bio, but raiza's actually interested in video games- she used to play a lot, once upon a time, and even made a ton of casual references to them as well as adopted some quirks from favorite characters in her old school in order to low-key stand out. she'd be super thrilled to game with winnie in their free time 8D

--------------------
-------
80 POINTS EARNED
8 POSTS MADE
hot potato
20/1+19
suffering (also, female)
n/a
memeology
existential crises
confused straight
UPDATE: now includes ya boi, Adrienne Redwood

--------------------
-------
ash Offline
60 POINTS EARNED
6 POSTS MADE
she/her
freshman
psychology
n/a
homosexual

zephyr

lila && adrienne

i would love for my little sunshine child to be friends with adrienne! he seems like an interesting person and maybe it could start off with them not really seeing eye to eye on something but then lila does something fucking stupid like fall face first onto the floor and her reaction is just so funny they start laughing together?
80 POINTS EARNED
8 POSTS MADE
hot potato
20/1+19
suffering (also, female)
n/a
memeology
existential crises
confused straight
adrienne & lila

ooh, that could work! Adrienne has quite the funny bone and loves joking around (some people would claim that the guy doesn't take anything seriously they clearly don't know him very well). Lila's major is perfect, too; Adrienne would probably bug her to teach him how to read people's minds of something. he'd be super nosy in the beginning, and given Lila's history, would she be okay with imparting much of it so soon?

--------------------
-------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

site name
site description
site name
site description
site name
site description
site name
site description
THE STELLARA REGION deep in the meadow {warriors} face in the crowd Pokemon: Terrene Sengoku Horizon Pokemon: Forever Forgotten PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RAINBOW CONNECTION  Project Genesis Avalon a Panfandom RP Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION