WELCOME TO KALEIDOSCOPE
situated in the small scenic city of spectra, kleur academy is a proud institution of learning for aspiring pokemon trainers to become the next pokemon professionals in almost any field. we hope to see you soon!
WINTER: DECEMBER
december
caramel
indigo
sage
lutheus
12/30 can you believe it--it's been six whole months since kaleidoscope has been open! the end of the year has much to celebrate, along with new years and our six-month anniversary, it's december's birthday! so come check out our giveaway here to nab some gifts as a thank you for sticking around--and hope for another wonderful six months!

12/08 the winter fete has begun !

12/06 tiny half update! you can read more up on it here, but tldr; the move tutor has been added in the breeding center and the activity check has been closed! if you missed the check, don't worry, just contact an admin and let us know. otm nomination polls and the winter event are coming soon, so stay tuned!

OF THE MONTHS

Add Reply
New Poll

you'll wish that you never did, for zephyr // dahlia owens
sage est she / her immortal Offline pigeon #6450
50 POINTS EARNED
9 POSTS MADE
lav
she / her
faculty
breeding professor
gardening
aromantic asexual
Aster Calla Carnation Chrysanthemum Daffodil Dahlia Gardenia Ginger Gladiolus Heather Hyacinth Hydrangea Iris Larkspur Lily Narcissus Orchid Peony Rose Snapdragon Sunflower Tulip
lavender had been getting out to the breeding center less and less lately. she missed the bustle of it all, and while she loved teaching and she loved her students, her true love was here with the eggs and the pokemon. she adored getting her hands dirty, and as she nodded to the receptionist and headed out to the pastures where a pair of pokemon waited.

the center's resident meganium ambled out behind the teacher, and lavender let out a breath. breeding rapidash was quite literally playing with fire. they were fast, and though they were trusting and tame, it was still risky business no matter which species.

the teacher approached the female, laying a gentle hand on her nose and glancing back to the meganium. the pokemon's flowery scents helped to calm down the pokemon, and made the process easier and calmer. lavender let out a breath, stepping forward to meet the female rapidash's eye.

she rested a palm on her nose, making sure that the horse pokemon was familiar with her and trusted her. she inhaled the flowery aromas, instantly feeling at ease. they did their work well, and the teacher appreciated the pokemon's presence.

lavender was so close when the back door swung open and shut. the slam jolted her eyes open, and the fiery mare trotted off across the pasture. the purple-haired woman turned, moving to look behind the meganium at the intruder.

her mother.

"good afternoon, mother," she greeted simply, brushing dirt off of her skirt and adjusting her glasses. it was rare for her mother to leave her lair library, and even stranger to see the strict woman all the way out here in the pastures.

"what brings you all the way out here?"

tagged zephyr

notes mother-daughter bonding <3

zephyr GMT +8 she/her 20 Offline #1059
140 POINTS EARNED
6 POSTS MADE
Mrs. Owens
smarter than you, and female
faculty
librarian
n/a
heterosexual
blue moon
you saw me standing alone

Blinking at the fiery flash darting across the pasture, then letting her eyes focus on her daugther behind the towering Meganium, it took Dahlia little time to realize she'd rudely interrupted the process Lavender had apparently carefully set into motion. Only the way her eyebrows knit together and the slight fidget of Dahlia's hand with the doorknob betrayed the guilt she felt, which simply built on top of the fact that the librarian was intruding upon her daughter's workspace. Aside from that, the average bystander, unfamiliar with Dahlia Owens' mannerisms, would not have been able to read her emotions.

"My apologies, dear," Mrs. Owens finally managed, now visibly flustered. "I came over to consult with you for something, but I can wait inside until you have finished." Behind her hovered a blocky Porygon, curiously peering over its Trainer's shoulder at the purple-haired woman. All it knew of the lady in question, aside from what was freely accessible to it via the school's network and the veritable source of knowledge called the Internet, was that she was Dahlia Owens' lone daughter. There was, Big Data had often concluded through its mulling facts and numbers over, an apparent tension between the two women. As to why, it was not yet sure, since statistically (with some exceptions), mothers and daughters were supposed to, in nature, be in harmony with one another by this stage. Lavender Owens, after all, was well past her pubescent stage of development.
notes: "oops"
template by BEAR♔
50 POINTS EARNED
9 POSTS MADE
lav
she / her
faculty
breeding professor
gardening
aromantic asexual
Aster Calla Carnation Chrysanthemum Daffodil Dahlia Gardenia Ginger Gladiolus Heather Hyacinth Hydrangea Iris Larkspur Lily Narcissus Orchid Peony Rose Snapdragon Sunflower Tulip
lavender stepped forward a few feet, close enough to hold a respectable conversation but not so close that she was invading on eithers' personal space or comfort. she gave her mother a soft smile, noting the older woman's hand on the knob. she'd spent a lot of time around her mother growing up and was keenly aware of dahlia's mannerisms.

the porygon hovering behind the librarian's shoulder was a rather new addition. she gave it a little wave, turning her attention back to her mother. "My apologies, dear. I came over to consult with you for something, but I can wait inside until you have finished." now it was lavender's turn to blush. "you're consulting me?" she mumbled under her breath, more of a re-statement to make sure it was real than a question.

"well, i've already finished up- or, well, it'll take a minute for them to calm down and come around again. i've got a moment. so, uh, what's up? what's your... question?" the teacher was reduced to an awkward teenager, stumbling over words and trying to sound as formal as possible. she could feel the tension, but it was usually apparent in some form between the two women. lavender was always striving to impress her mother, and dahlia was quite unyielding in the sense.

lavender racked her mind, trying to come up with anything that her mother would need her help for that she couldn't find in a book of some kind. she was the resident expert on biology and breeding, and while she taught her class primarily hands-on, there was a lot to be found in books.

maybe it wasn't even about pokemon at all.

tagged zephyr

notes mother-daughter bonding <3

140 POINTS EARNED
6 POSTS MADE
Mrs. Owens
faculty
librarian
n/a
heterosexual
blue moon

Lavender's discomfort did not escape her mother's attention. Inwardly, the older woman's heart sank; out of everybody she knew, there were only so few whose company she enjoyed. One such person was her dearest Lav, but even the headmistress of Kleur seemed more comfortable with the librarian than her own daughter was with her. But in a second, Dahlia felt the metaphorical emotional weight escape her. It was true that she was in quite a predicament that not even her beloved library could solve, but this tide could be turned to her advantage.

That was, if Lavender agreed to assist her.

Most of the time, Dahlia had to be conscious about her outward demeanor with people (although most of the time as well, she did not really quite care if others found her intimidating). Somehow, it was easier to soften up with Lavender's presence; already, the librarian felt her shoulders and her grip on the doorknob loosen, and the corners of her mouth gently curve in a faint smile that somehow reached her eyes. She would have taken a step forward to close the distance, but it seemed that Lav might have wanted to maintain some sort of space- so she restrained herself from lightly placing her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"My dear, you are without a doubt among the best in your field of expertise. It is for that reason I've come- to seek your... advice, your knowledge- your help, that is." Dahlia paused briefly to exhale. Asking for help was not within her field of expertise. Not since the day the panel virtually ridiculed her, so many years ago, yet still seeming to have happened just last week or yesterday, like a spectre that seemed to follow her closer and closer each step forward she took. "Are you, by any chance, free of any appointments today?"
notes: meanwhile in kleur's library, Admiral squawks loudly at misbehaving students, while Lady has neglected her side of the job and started a game of chase with a frantic Research senior
template by BEAR♔
50 POINTS EARNED
9 POSTS MADE
lav
she / her
faculty
breeding professor
gardening
aromantic asexual
lavender brushed the bits of dirt off of her skirt as she looked at the ground, clearly anticipating her mother's next words. there was very little that dahlia owens didn't know, or couldn't find in a book.

"my dear, you are without a doubt among the best in your field of expertise. it is for that reason i've come- to seek your... advice, your knowledge- your help, that is." it was strange to hear her mother's praise, and much stranger to hear her ask for help. lavender nodded, her lips slightly pursed. "i'm more than willing to help!" she chirped, returning the slight smile her mother had given her. at least it was just a biology question and not anything terribly serious. she relaxed.

""are you, by any chance, free of any appointments today?"" lavender glanced back at the rapidash gazing in the far pasture. they'd be rather skittish for the next few hours, so she had the time to spare. "i had a biology class this morning and i was going to try to get something done with those two-" she motioned to the horses- "but i have the rest of the day free if you need me!" she straightened out her skirt, curious about the nature of dahlia's request. "i hope you don't mind me being so bold, but... what do you need to know?"

it could most definitely be more complicated than that, but lavender would appreciate something vague at least, so that she could marinate on it for a moment.

tagged zephyr

notes i could have sworn i replied to this but,,,

140 POINTS EARNED
6 POSTS MADE
Mrs. Owens
faculty
librarian
n/a
heterosexual
blue moon

Inwardly, the librarian breathed a sigh of relief at her daughter's eager reply. Having Lav's help would not only speed up the research and analysis necessary to complete this task, but just the thought of working with the young woman put Dahlia's nerves at ease. Although affection and a greater degree of warmth demanded a certain amount of effort, interaction with her daughter was far, far preferable to working with a colleague whom she did not know well, and who was possibly incompetent.

Indeed, the research assistant that had been assigned to aid her was ridiculously clumsy, and was evidently unfamiliar with the necessary format of citation- even Big Data perform more satisfactorily. This was also partially the cause of her requiring Lav's assistance; in a fit of anger, Dahlia had "fired" the assistant and said she would find her own- one far more competent and knowledgeable of what they were doing.

To ease Lav's apprehensions of being perceived rude, Dahlia gave a gentle nod and obliged. "The question at hand is likely something you may have encountered. My report is was assigned to tackle the conundrum behind the inability of Nidorina and Nidoqueen to breed at all, even with their male counterparts." The librarian folded her hands together, one of the things she tended to do when considering something she felt complex and mentally challenging. "Among the related, if not key, questions are, of course, the biological makeup of Nidoqueen and Nidorina, as well as their egg group- or, rather, their lack of one."

From behind the librarian again peeked the silent Porygon, right as Dahlia's phone chimed. It was a different jingle, although evidently the librarian had received a text message. Once the woman unlocked her phone, it began to read out the message almost immediately, as though even before the woman could tap on the notification. A flat, robotic voice- not unlike that of the generic text-to-speech program's voice, complete with its jarring intonations- began to speak, seemingly from the handheld device: "Suggestion: Consider, in addition, the theory of Pokemon evolution, wherein evolutionary stage may not necessarily denote age of Pokemon. Existing literature suggests a possibly bodily and-slash-or hormonal changes taking place within the bodies of evolving female Nidoran."

"In that case, Big Data, please do add that to the note titled 'Leads to Scrutinize'," replied Dahlia, accustomed to her Porygon's manner of communicating. The first time it happened, Lady had leapt off of the home stereo in surprise, accidentally knocking over a portrait of the mother and daughter that had been propped up carefully on the radio. For a while, the Delcatty grew wary of electronic devices that could emit audio.
notes: i've honestly actually wondered about this. like. why can nidoking breed with a nidoran-f, but not its more developed evolutionary stages?
template by BEAR♔
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

site name
site description
site name
site description
site name
site description
site name
site description
THE STELLARA REGION deep in the meadow {warriors} face in the crowd Pokemon: Terrene Sengoku Horizon Pokemon: Forever Forgotten PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RAINBOW CONNECTION  Project Genesis Avalon a Panfandom RP Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION